"Play is the natural way young children learn. Even when it looks like preschoolers are just playing, their brains are hard at work putting together vital knowledge about the world. Here are play ideas to support preschoolers’ cognitive development. About preschooler play and cognitive development Preschoolers are like little scientists – they want to learn how things work,...Read more
Things to do with your child
- Build a toy car racetrack out of old boxes, paper towel rolls and other repurposed materials.
- Make a target with chalk on a blackboard or the sidewalk, and then throw wet sponges at it until it disappears.
- Set up a glow-in-the-dark ring toss—use dollar-store glow necklaces or bracelets as rings.
- Organize a massive water...
101 things you can do with your child:Read more
- Go to the library – stay for story time Bake something, anything Construct something with blocks or Lego’s Read a book Draw/Color together Go window shopping Host a play date with their favorite friend Dress Up together Go Sledding Build something in the snow (fort, snowman) Go swimming (indoor or outdoor) Have a picnic (outside or on the...